Application deadline: 20/12/2019
Lilleshall, Shropshire – United Kingdom
inspire2coach are looking for a Tennis Coach to lead our well-established coaching programme at Lilleshall Tennis Club. i2c is one of the UK’s leading tennis providers running over 30 tennis facilities including 2 Performance Centres at The Shrewsbury Club and The University of Warwick. Coupled with our position as a leading Coach Education provider in the UK, this presents boundless opportunities to develop your career in tennis coaching.
Lilleshall Tennis Club
2 floodlit tarmac courts 2 separate floodlit Mini red tennis courts
Visit the club website for more information https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/LilleshallVillageTennisClub
The role will commence on 6th January. You will report to the inspire2coach Area Manager.
The primary focus will be on delivering the existing coaching programme, schools and tennis camps, starting with approximately 20 hours per week. We are looking for an individual who can build on the existing foundations to grow the whole programme with particular focus on developing teen and adult programmes at the club.
You will also link in with Tennis Shropshire on i2c projects which will link back to the club.
Support and Career Development
With i2c you receive admin support from the Area Manager allowing you to focus on your on-court delivery and personal development. Mentoring and CPD are readily available due to i2c’s unique position as a coaching programmes and coach education provider.
Pay and benefits
• The self-employed financial package will be a combination of an hourly rate and a % share of income. The percentage model is used in all our clubs providing the coach with year-round income.
• In the start period we will offer guaranteed hours
• Wilson equipment package
• Regular team training
• A monthly service charge to be paid to inspire2coach – after initial support package
• Level 3 qualification with a commitment to progress to a Level 4 (experienced Level 2s may be considered)
• Good playing standard
• Current LTA Accreditation
• Fun and engaging personality
• Strong communication and organisation skills
• Proven ability to lead and work well within a team
• Great customer service and relationship building
Please email your CV together with a covering letter to:
Melanie Short, Senior Area Manager email@example.com
For further information, please call Melanie on 07952 770882