i2c International Programmes
i2c runs specialist coach education programmes for tennis federations and organisations around the world.
We use our global experience and expertise to design and deliver bespoke training for federations, academies and tennis facilities, and specialise in training and developing teams of coaches.
i2c is also regularly invited to present at worldwide and regional conferences for the ITF and private tennis companies and academies. We’ve worked in over 80 nations in nearly every continent around the world.
Contact us to enquire about our services.
i2c has a close relationship with Finnish tennis. We’ve run workshops for the Finnish Tennis Federation and private workshops and seminars for tennis clubs in different cities, including the 2 largest clubs in Finland, at HVS Helsinki and TATS in Tampere.
Finnish Tennis Federation
- To advise the Coach Education department on modernising and updating its Coach Education courses
- To assist the Federation in developing new content and resources for its Coach Education courses, for coaches and parents
HVS clubs, Helsinki FINLAND
For this ongoing project we visit HVS around 5 times a year. In 2019 we also welcomed a small team of HVS coaches to the UK.
- Help develop a comprehensive 10U tennis programme
- Train the coaching team to deliver the programme
- Write training resources and educational materials for coaches and parents
- Integrate a team approach to tennis with parents and the Academy
This is a long-term project. Since 2015 we have been visiting TATS 3 times a year:
- Develop training modules for teams of tennis coaches to help them up-skill their coaching team
Estonian Tennis Association
We first visited Estonia in 2012 to deliver a one day coaches workshop for the ITF. Since that time we have kept in touch with the team at the Tennis Federation, and as a result of the success of work in Finland, were invited to start a three-year project to help develop 10 and under tennis in Estonia. Starting in January 2019, we have worked with the Federation to identify and train a small team of Regional Coordinators who will share good practice and new resources which we are creating, with leading clubs and coaches in 10 and under programmes.
Qatar Tennis Federation
i2c became the Official Coach Education Partner of the Qatar Tennis Federation in 2015. Our brief was to run a three-year project at the Federation Headquarters in Doha to train the coaches and to create a 10 and under programme to help the best players reach National Team standard by 12 and under. Visiting Qatar 5 times a year, we ran training sessions for the coaches and players to raise standards and to add our expertise and experience to their programmes. In 2018 for the first time, Qatar won their very first GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Championships with players we had helped to train.
- Provide expert coach education training to the coaching team
Some years ago, Director Mark Tennant was asked by Tennis Europe to help the Latvian Tennis Union (LTU) to develop a national 10 and under competition and training programme. During this 3 year programme and with many visits, the LTU ran training programmes for coaches, players and parents, and created a new 10 and Under website to manage the programme and all competition results. Long after the end of the 3 year programme, i2c continues to be the go-to provider for training for the LTU.
- Provide expertise to help the LTU develop a 10U competition and training programme.
- Give advice on the LTU’s development of a website to manage the new 10U programme.
- Provide ongoing training, advice and support.
Through our links with the ITF, i2c has run many workshops across the UAE. This relationship has continued to include a private workshop with Clark Francis Tennis Academy in Dubai and other workshops for Tennis Emirates to train school teachers.
The friendship between i2c and Tunisian tennis started in 2009 and has continued ever since, with the delivery of training courses and workshops in Hammamet, Djerba and Tunis.